“Hi! I love reading your blog so much that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You are such a talented photographer and everything you make makes me drool – especially the chickpea salads and this incredible salmon dish(…) Thanks for putting together such awesome posts and I hope you have a wonderful week!”– CookiesnChem
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs for this award
- I listen to Etta James for inspiration.
- One of my goals is to be able to identify any plant that I come across.
- I love Roald Dahl’s books.
- The best job I’ve ever had is being a Chinese herbal pharmacist at a TCM clinic.
- I graduated from of The School of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- There are a few people in this world who have touched my heart with their enthusiasm for the people and things that they love. Two people I can think of are my Uncle in Hong Kong, who became a Chinese Medicine doctor at the age of 30, and my friend Alex, who always delights me with his knowledge of Chinese Culture.
- I easily find something to like about everyone I meet.
- I love piglets.
- I’ve had one recurring dream in my life: I am with dog in the middle of a crowd, and when I ask surrounding people who the pup belongs to, everyone tells me that it’s mine. And I get excited because I’ve always wanted one. But by the time I wake up, I am disappointed. And dog-less.
Every subsequent time I’ve had this dream, I get more and more suspicious that everyone around me is pulling my leg again, and the same old thing happens. But I recently realized that since I met my close friend 3 years ago, I haven’t had the dream again. And according to the Chinese zodiac, she was born in the year of the dog!
- I grew up in a family- run restaurant, where I learned a lot about cooking and Chinese cuisine.
- I like to clear my mind every day.
My answers to Cookiesnchem’s questions:
- What is the #1 thing you’ve learned by blogging? Do you have any blog inspirations?
The #1 thing I’ve learned by blogging is to share what you want to. Don’t overextend or overinhibit your self-expression. I really love “Smittenkitchen”, and “Un-Fancy”.
- Do you believe in aliens? Ghosts?
My best friend has so many stories about Ghost encounters, and she has me hanging on to her every word. I myself have never had an encounter with either, but I always listen to people’s stories about them with open ears.
- If today were your last day alive, would you do what you are about to do today?
I would probably not tell the people I love, but instead leave them a letter.
And I would probably buy a plane ticket to a secluded tropical beach with a beautiful coral reef and snorkle until I die.
- Are you a modern guy/gal or more old-fashioned?
I try to understand the wisdom of old-fashioned ideas and apply them to modern life.
- If a friend treated you the way you treat yourself, would he/she still be your friend?
- What are your thoughts on reincarnation?
I’m not sure that I believe the same spirit can begin a new life in a new body. But I do think that certain behaviours and beliefs are passed down from generation to generation. So in a way, unresolved destructive behaviours reincarnate in future generations until someone along that lineage decides to break the cycle.
- Is there something you LOVE doing, but never do? What is it and why don’t you do it?
No, the things I love doing are the things I do often. But there are things I don’t like to do, and never do.
- You’re on a weird desert island where you can choose 3 meals and 1 dessert to eat FOREVER. What are they?
2. Grilled Chicken Vermicelli
3. Palak Paneer with Pulao Rice
- Are you a procrastinator?
- What do you do to stay in shape?
I bike daily, and have recently started doing weights. I also walk for several hours a week.
- “Follow directions with baking. Go by your own taste with cooking.” What do you think?
I agree. Especially for beginners such as myself, baking relies on precision more so than cooking. However, I find that as you get better at either, it’s easier to make personal adjustments that make the final product uniquely yours.
Blog nominations on my next post. Stay tuned!